Re: [apnic-talk] AMM IG Discussion Comments
- To: "apnic-talk at apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] AMM IG Discussion Comments
- From: Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:53:03 +1300
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apnic.net; s=c3po; h=received:received:dkim-signature:x-google-dkim-signature:x-gm-message-state: x-received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id: subject:to:content-type; bh=d88sNhyrgXHcO0Pfds29T8YQbPQWm/KSoNE2k07VYvQ=; b=vIXZz9IbTWMnPLZmEQzBEIRPVKKb4i74Uc42c97Bxv/wthNUwZ/JbsHWwsipMiOKeJkZHYLuY1GYK Mv/8nBq3cJb6qV3EFBzNOTT3xTeIR+I3EUON390cXl+E+HQtvztc4Zk7pU+ZekS2om5B7a//Mf4cm7 CXxLZ6oqs5GFm6hs=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=lpnz.org; s=dkim; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=d88sNhyrgXHcO0Pfds29T8YQbPQWm/KSoNE2k07VYvQ=; b=hCu0F3l1G/vK7Mj9AEsQEhSP1x9r4eM4NwfEYRsDFgg+ReXkJnwKgFXvn+3H1EDOJK piPTI3dAAMioFgyRs1C1Qmz4ueYD/nS7M51EgAI2rA3HoVgNEcGQccGoTHhdJwlBE+05 AyhwWbXyIF08LSmrLdrc/UMMpJREyJmOAnanA=
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGPVv-1rHLKgsAfxSqpS5obB7s-uphxm=FN3h=C79AqoOg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com> wrote:
And why do you think membership fees are too high? ÂAPNIC just recently reduced the initial fee. and Developing nations already receive a significant discount on these fees to join.
It's very simple - if an organisation with a /16 + 2 x /24 of IPv4 and a /32 of IPv6 was a member of RIPE they'd pay around NZ$3400 pa. As an APNIC member, they'd pay NZ$10600 pa.
I want to know what extra value they'd get from APNIC that warrants an extra NZ$7200 pa. And if a large chunk of that NZ$7200 is spent on Internet Governance then I think reducing that would be a good thing.