Re: [apnic-talk] AMM IG Discussion Comments

    • To: Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org>
    • Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] AMM IG Discussion Comments
    • From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
    • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:12:18 +1100
    • Cc: "apnic-talk at apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>
    • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apnic.net; s=c3po; h=received:received:x-google-dkim-signature:x-gm-message-state:x-received: mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to: cc:content-type; bh=FMRvhUoCWOjlVAM3B/p2oZ5+f3WUtEcboqy9RCgsX/0=; b=EuWXtLcWYisqqjgxF1gmIzUBt/I/5KFIPeAl75iz1oBDlSe9uGvPrTAZnGqGBkMrUPQb2mDrJAfEn KBlKIhK3YH4gZR5hkFmko8quzMOFp7flyfBfQAhuzi0QMBa6KUl8sB9WUxYjoTDVfi+KOdhPD13iwc rhvNdk4je/oi31Xo=
      • Andy,

        I too am keen to know, as I've said.  But not because I think the money could be better spent elsewhere, but because I'd like to see just how much of a contribution that APNIC has made to IG, and it would be good to know what other RIRs have put in as well to compare.

        Do you see the technical development in the region suffering or not being addressed some how?

        I personally think that APNIC should do LESS IPv6 Training in developed countries and should concentrate on Least Developed locations who actually need the help, not places like Australia, NZ, Japan, etc which have more than enough resources to look after themselves, and frequently prove that they do.

        Especially in countries with their own NIR's which are fully capable of performing these duties and have their own revenue models.

        And why do you think membership fees are too high?  APNIC just recently reduced the initial fee. and Developing nations already receive a significant discount on these fees to join.

        I am wondering if you are an argument looking for a problem, or if you actually have some specific concerns you are wanting addressed?

        ...Skeeve

        Skeeve Stevens - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
        The Experts Who The Experts Call
        Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering