Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress

    • Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
    • From: "B C Jain " <brajesh.jain at spectranet dot in>
    • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:36:52 +0530
    • Cc: apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
        I thank Mr Maemura for taking time to respond on behalf of EC. As expressed
        by him towards the end
        that these are his views but EC broadly shares the same. Hope EC agrees with
        these views.

        I also raised this in AMM at Petaling Jaya. I request EC/Secretariat to
        elaborate on the below points

        a) APNIC delegation stand on various issues at the forthcoming meetings. And
        the basis of arriving at the same.
        Hope in clear language.

        b) Specifically, what are the views APNIC delegation would take on Security
        risk and snooping issues. Basically most appropriate solution is that
        content considered objectionable by a Sovereign should be removed at the
        source wherever it is hosted. And how this would be achieved by
        Multistakeholder approach.

        c) Also I request EC to consider reduction of IP charges from NIRs. And very
        strongly support that there is need for increased effort as a mission by
        APNIC to increase IPv6 usage.

        With regards

        Brajesh Jain