Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- To: Tony Smith <tony at apnic dot net>, Masato Yamanishi <myamanis at japan-telecom dot com>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- From: Pranesh Prakash <pranesh at cis-india dot org>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 02:01:45 -0400
- Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <365C33CF-B77B-40CA-88B5-53746928444D@apnic.net>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: Centre for Internet and Society
- References: <CF48EE5A.85B79firstname.lastname@example.org> <365C33CF-B77B-40CA-88B5-53746928444D@apnic.net>
Tony Smith [2014-03-14 21:42]:
As I'm sure you appreciate, the news from the US has just arrived this morning and a lot of the details are still coming to light. We're planning to prepare something that explains what this development means in more detail when more information is confirmed.
I'm sorry, but I'm new to APNIC's lists.Was there any consultation within APNIC before APNIC's leader's name was added to this statement? Could you also point me towards the community consultation / mailing list discussions that took place before the Montevideo Declaration was signed as something APNIC endorsed?
But for now, we wanted to alert everyone to this news and the fact consultation will begin in our region in Singapore.
Could you outline the intra-APNIC consultations (i.e., not the ICANN consultations about which ICANN's published a document) that will take place with regard to this? Which mailing list will these discussions be directed towards?
-- Pranesh Prakash Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society T: +91 80 40926283 | W: http://cis-india.org ------------------- Access to Knowledge Fellow, Information Society Project, Yale Law School M: +1 520 314 7147 | W: http://yaleisp.org PGP ID: 0x1D5C5F07 | Twitter: https://twitter.com/pranesh_prakash
Description: OpenPGP digital signature