Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at v4now dot com>, B C Jain <brajesh.jain at spectranet dot in>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Masato Yamanishi <myamanis at japan-telecom dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:46:31 -0700
- Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGMOMfs=xTx1sy=bw7sXBgt6a-B+1MdCzhyJt-eXo5+OGw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <8D12F3A74C1551C-F14-142AB@webmail-vd011.sysops.aol.com> <CF843BBC.8D476firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHT1SrGK1TdzfLfc9j_2FOpSBCiKvZbL=jev5UsoaRQnSAuQAg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAEUfUGMOMfs=xTx1sy=bw7sXBgt6a-B+1MdCzhyJt-eXo5+OGw@mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-topic: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
>Also, with the size of your population, the growth rate of your industry, I really don't see why you have a problem with finances. The NIR of India really should be making enough revenue to pay for itself.
The point is not total revenue since APNIC annual fee is calculated based on allocated address space (more space, more fee),
and necessary resources are directly proportional to the number of subscribers.
So, we need to compare ARPU which is 10-18 times less than JP and AU.
Japan 60.26 USD/sub
Australia 56.76 USD/sub
India 5.62 USD/sub
Pakistan 4.14 USD/sub
Bangladesh 3.36 USD/sub
I found these number from GSMA Intelligence, so these are data in mobile market,
but I believe we could see pretty similar character even if we include fixed data market.
On 14/04/29 0:10, "Skeeve Stevens" <skeeve at v4now dot com> wrote: