[apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- To: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Subject: [apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 00:07:35 +1000
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
There has been a lot of calls for more transparency of APNIC, the work they undertake and their financial reporting.
I'd like to take this a step further and request that all NIR's produce financial reports which are then made available to the wider APNIC community - except where that NIR is a government entity.
We are hearing so many calls by people for transparent reporting, fee reductions, etc... that I think it only fair that APNIC and the community be able to appropriately consider the financial status of all applicable NIR entities.
I think this is only fair, as NIR's enjoy a special status within APNIC, and it would be reasonable for the wider community to be able to understand and evaluate the financial position of the NIR's.
If there are no such rules for this to occur, then I would seriously consider a policy proposal that compels NIR's to report to APNIC on their financial status and that information be available to members of APNIC.
The NIR's are a member themselves of APNIC under special arrangement, and as a member of APNIC, I would like to understand more about these special arrangements and how much an NIR benefits (or not) from this special arrangement.
Adam... is this request something that should be handled by the EC directly, or via the Policy SIG process?
Skeeve Stevens -Âeintellego Networks Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot comÂ;Âwww.eintellegonetworks.com
Phone: 1300 239 038;ÂCell +61 (0)414 753 383 ;Âskype://skeeve
The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - CiscoÂ- CloudÂ- ConsultingÂ- IPv4 Brokering