Re: [sig-policy] New proposal prop-120: Final /8 pool exhaustion plan

    • To: SIG policy <sig-policy at apnic dot net>
    • Subject: Re: [sig-policy] New proposal prop-120: Final /8 pool exhaustion plan
    • From: Satoru Tsurumaki <satoru.tsurumaki at g.softbank dot co dot jp>
    • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 15:33:09 +0900
    • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=g-softbank-co-jp.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=cjCa4qnt7a3AqBbOXehWa41daUzxH5QFG7Zcux7o3jg=; b=GfueBIiUH1d8Av/ndW2EjMbSbXDWGc81CWW/GUyY2KWEnfM1f7xvuTJF7InBrT0+MW ZacB2rnsRIu4NlWbLiWCGPHVIpitgfCVFDyZtUodxf9dUzaQrz2v8cDMogYEsbRUUHNd rOD8QiSE/dPEWs5PhIw5QZfxqkxC+Cf9upIibchcoakbOPBLa6C1s2RttJt5KNYPI1BY atAabo7laVTXmzzmSqHxR50dBi8PvSArfWIEso1LnE98JgIDeQUvAnECdC1HZ9600plV 3TSe/CaqamAGlCoAbRTEQWabs1sbXTU9tXegEm5fF/WP2iOxph7HpbSqmL7RTHPXZogR j76w==

        I am Satoru Tsurumaki from Policy Working Group in Japan.

        I would like to share key feedback in our community for prop-120,
        based on a meeting we organised on 5th Sep to discuss these proposals.

        Many support expressed on clarifying how IPv4 addresses should be
        distributed after /8 pool exhaustion. Different ideas were shared on
        details of how to distribute.

        * It is appropriate to prioritise new comers to a certain extent, as
        they will be challenged if they cannot receive IPv4 address block

        * Different comments on the size of distribution post /8 pool exhaustion
        1) /21 as the upper limit
           Maintain the current size

        2) /22 as the upper limit
           Adjust to the limited pool post /8 pool exhaustion

        3) Two blocks of /22s as the upper limit
           Separate blocks for new comers and others. New comers can queue to
           receive the other block after receiving a block for new comers

        Other comments:
        * Care should be taken when adopting this policy, to reflect the
        waiting list of distribution from the returned pool

        * Consideration needed on how to handle transfer of 103/8 block if
        prop-116 is adopted (Prefixes will be mixed after the exhaustion of
        unallocated final /8 pool)

        Best Regards,

        Satoru Tsurumaki
        Policy Working Group