Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: haquehanif at hushmail dot com, apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Dave Mead <dave_mead at aim dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 09:51:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mx.aol.com; s=20121107; t=1398520278; bh=vLLOmZEiBkdYsFc3Iz1BThOafjChkRjk6yPfW1DdRCI=; h=From:To:Subject:Message-Id:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=DrwN+GIsKsRNl+ahcoljFlfNE8BLWZPQHGYeYGNUr08KLav94LZF+WnVvlM8DctVy CMPEYnMLbEf8asNWHQzn6LaUp4aY5xS0Cw9C5S6doFs7RPlGcl4b3GRDL6O/7i+5q4 nBv2dWsKVsUNEDG+RgUIolEslCKG6OEdc0wx5CeQ=
- In-reply-to: <20140426132639.B0609206E4 at smtp dot hushmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
Good point, Hanif.LEAs do have budget for training their personnel so these funds can be accessed for such trainings through the right channels and contacts.
Best, -Dave Mead -----Original Message----- From: haquehanif <haquehanif at hushmail dot com>To: Dave Mead <dave_mead at aim dot com>; apnic-talk <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
Sent: Sat, Apr 26, 2014 6:26 pm Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup Hi Dave,Very good point but its a taboo at APNIC to discuss about Members fee and APNIC (mis) management of funds. APNIC maintains a white list and a black list of public contacts. You're now in their black list for raising this. Like many others, this discussion will end up in the no through road. The Executive council we selected are like the famous three wise monkeys."see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". For our representatives business is as usual.
APNIC recently started providing training for law enforcement agencies using Members funds....we did not blessed either. Its a good initiative and I personally commend APNIC for this. However, these LEAs are government agencies and have big budgets. If LEAs request training APNIC must use LEAs budget to provide such trainings not Members funds. Its just not right!
Regards Hanif H Mohd Senior Network Consultant PKSP, PakistanOn Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 5:44 PM, "Dave Mead" <dave_mead at aim dot com> wrote: Paul,
Your speech at Asia Pacific Internet Leadership Program meeting is utterly disappointing to APNIC Members.
Members like to see the Executive Council takes note of this and truely represent the Members to better manage their funds to contribute for the Internet development in this region. A lot of development work can be done if the funds are managed effectively not use for personal benefits.
Best -Dave Mead