Re: [apnic-talk] IG discussion in AMM
- To: Masato Yamanishi <myamanis at japan-telecom dot com>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IG discussion in AMM
- From: Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:14:06 +0500
- Cc: apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=k6LV2+ED9oyL/X0Q/DDC0QHFI44NS523u2ko/9aPjhQ=; b=nboQelzH86zdTRVMSplopsp8HlniR3XFcWJLXbHHjatDSvmNCzNTVr0yA9euKReAgB WXe5U95wnVFw2X48GWu58Zb0TFkr7zK1lvT4/BN5YD6Fp0KTrwVXvMTVd7P23VwcImN+ Wg6QvfMGJK871H11397FvgWD3avzfFp+0qsrKCJbXtlyjolfRJxn7N8tTXLyxcKz7Akh xbe9TLnm+9PJh+3K9OiCChgz9wb9uS+fbfGozGqv34PxB/MJv8pWp5z/0MZisVkzZX+K WuQeRor8i4QM7/mcZ5rfBap5017Wijx/LkQFo8RZUMMKQq83UC0+LLIMltW6yGZaImgQ 240Q==
- In-reply-to: <CF478AD2.856B4%myamanis at japan-telecom dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Glad to see that you have started this thread to engage more people to have their opinion heard.
1. In current approach, it is NOT clear that Internet Governance has relevance to our daily businesses and operations in the Internet.As a result, current approach is making a gap inside APRICOT and/or APNIC community though its intension is involving moreparticipants to Internet Governance activity.
I partially agree with your above comment regarding the relevance of IG with daily businesses and operations. With my little experience I do understand your view point because the country you are based in Internet is governed through certain rules rules, norms and standards developed through consultation and well drafted framework. But in our part of the region, the picture is quite different, I hope you understand that difference. We are going through consultation phase to define those rules and standards to govern the internet. I'm not sure how to define the gap in community because of IG activities. Please help me and others to understand that how it is creating a gap.
2. While there is a question for its efficiency, APNIC is spending too much budget and human resources for Internet Governanceactivity and it is causing negative impact for APNIC daily operations as RIR.
Yes, I'm also interested to know that how much budget and human resources have been spent on IG related activities and its outcome. Not in terms of $ but in terms of value. I beg to disagree that it is causing any negative impact on APNIC's daily operation as RIR. I'm a very constant troublemaker for APNIC helpdesk and Secretariat and I've never witnessed any delay or inappropriate response from APNIC staff. So I'm not sure what made you say that. Would you like to share any incident or issue which was not properly addressed?
Aftab A. Siddiqui