RE: Whois - Apnics RIR whois bugs? Re: [apnic-talk] Is the NIC-HDL id su

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1 at ix dot netcom dot com>, "John Tran" <john at apnic dot net>
  • Subject: RE: Whois - Apnics RIR whois bugs? Re: [apnic-talk] Is the NIC-HDL id supposed to be unique
  • From: "Meng Tsai" <tsaim at mft dot com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:04:56 -0500
  • Cc: <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>, "gen full" <ga-full at dnso dot org>
  • Sender: owner-apnic-talk@apnic.net
    • HI Son and all,

      Thanks for all your discussion on this matter.
      Son's explaination is clear.

      Practically, it would not be an issue for anyone as long as the
      following is true:
      (1) No one can hack into the APNIC objects or TWNIC object to change db.
           Despite they seems to have  the same NIC-Handle

      (2) When each of those person create their new objects, like reverse
      DNS, AS number...
           and they use their NIC handle to identify themself as opposed to
      specify the complete
           address ,city, contact tel ....
           And all will beome fine.  I doubt how it would be the case, how the
      DB will not
            be confused on whose contact to use for the new obj.  But as long
      as the DB can
           do the job right,  we as users actually can worry less.

      I am actually delaying to create a new object to be based upon my NIC
      handle due
      to I worry about the new objects will use the other contact instead.

      Just more notes for us to think about.

      Sincerely all.

      Meng Tsai