[apnic-talk] Plan A..."A total of 47 /8's with 8030 records have to be t
- To: <Amadeu at nominalia dot com>, <andy at ccc dot de>, <jcohen at shapirocohen dot com>, <junsec at wide dot ad dot jp>, <karl at cavebear dot com>, <lyman at acm dot org>, <lynn at icann dot org>, <mouhamet at next dot sn>, <vinton.g.cerf@WCOM.COM>, <apisan at servidor dot unam dot mx>, "Andrei Robachevsky" <andrei at ripe dot net>, <plzak at arin dot net>, <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>, <pwilson at apnic dot net>
- Subject: [apnic-talk] Plan A..."A total of 47 /8's with 8030 records have to be transferred." ??
- From: "Jim Fleming" <JimFleming at ameritech dot net>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:18:43 -0600
- Cc: <yjpark at myepark dot com>, <steinle at smartvia dot de>, "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at vrx dot net>, "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson at ntlworld dot com>, <ray at fassett dot org>, <love at cptech dot org>, <karl at cavebear dot com>, <k at widgital dot com>, "Judith Oppenheimer" <joppenheimer at icbtollfree dot com>, "Joop Teernstra" <terastra at terabytz dot co dot nz>, "Joe Baptista" <baptista at dot-god dot com>, "Joanna Lane" <jo-uk at rcn dot com>, <jefsey at jefsey dot com>, <eric at hi-tek dot com>, "Elisabeth Porteneuve" <Elisabeth.Porteneuve at cetp dot ipsl dot fr>, "Bruce Young" <Bruce at barelyadequate dot info>, <andy at ccc dot de>, "@quasar Internet Solutions, Inc." <shore at quasar dot net>, <espresso at e-scape dot net>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
From: "Andrei Robachevsky" <andrei at ripe dot net> "A total of 47 /8's with 8030 records have to be transferred." Was this approved by the ICANN Board ?...or just part of the RIR "Plan A" to proceed no matter what...? http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-31oct02.htm Which /8s ? http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space (last updated 2002-10-25) http://lacnic.net/en/transition.html > http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-October/003010.html > RIRs already function quite independently of ICANN, and it's an open question > how they would react to a "no" from the ICANN board. "We have no Plan B, we > are not playing games," APNIC Dir. Gen. Paul Wilson said. "We play straight." > ============================ Jim Fleming 128-bit DNS is closer than you think... http://ipv8.dyndns.tv http://ipv8.dyns.cx http://ipv8.no-ip.com http://ipv8.no-ip.biz http://ipv8.no-ip.info http://ipv8.myip.us http://ipv8.dyn.ee http://ipv8.community.net.au * APNIC-TALK: General APNIC Discussion List * * To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe" to apnic-talk-request at apnic dot net *