Re: [sig-policy] prop-133: Clarification on Sub-Assignments

  • To: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
  • Subject: Re: [sig-policy] prop-133: Clarification on Sub-Assignments
  • From: Owen DeLong <owen@delong.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:30:02 -0800
  • Cc: Policy SIG <sig-policy@apnic.net>

    • Assigned address space isn’t generally delegated to LIRs,… It’s generally delegated to end-users. Address space delegated to LIRs may then be reassigned by the LIR to itself for internal purposes.

      Unless there’s a case where an LIR is receiving an assignment instead of an allocation, I think we can limit it to space that is delegated to an end-user by the RIR.

      Owen