[sig-policy] discussion about my last week presentation "Resource Hijacking is an APNIC Policy Violation"
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: [sig-policy] discussion about my last week presentation "Resource Hijacking is an APNIC Policy Violation"
- From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 09:29:59 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple; d=consulintel.es; s=MDaemon; t=1568791805; x=1569396605; firstname.lastname@example.org; q=dns/txt; h=User-Agent:Date: Subject:From:To:Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Mime-version: Content-type; bh=vhP+vLecuWTVNNiPanDtOogtg23U/0K70xX2mrQIXAc=; b=jnmzdTMmMxpRphAcJ4Rra+5OuqxVWkoDFZ7EoaX4lS8dTumCFhQadgvgrxaiiQ GW+tESJR8LcMns639i9v2nnmXaKiMPFPDRxZ+RqcJOH7zgV9MOa9nTojyWzC73aA Bpt3Tg5yg4ZO74WoY2uwrYhOXJKHrdyct5VE6O0ee0ghU=
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Thread-topic: discussion about my last week presentation "Resource Hijacking is an APNIC Policy Violation"
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/10.10.e.190909
Hi all, As you know, last week I presented informally "Resource Hijacking is an APNIC Policy Violation". This was a policy proposal that the chairs considered out-of-scope. The authors believe this is not out-of-scope for the APNIC policies, so we agreed with the chairs to have an open discussion (not as a policy proposal right now), in the list. Please, read the attached PDF, which was our proposal, and provide your inputs. For example (but not limited to) we should answer the following questions: 1) Do you think it is acceptable that an APNIC member use, without authorization, resrouces from other members? 2) Do you think if 1 above happens, persistently or in several ocassions, as a violation of other members rights, is acceptable doing nothing? 3) Do you think the community should do something about this? Note that it is a complex problem (and document). If you don't read it all, it will not be easy to understand our intent and approach to the problem. Thanks a lot! Regards, Jordi @jordipalet ********************************************** IPv4 is over Are you ready for the new Internet ? http://www.theipv6company.com The IPv6 Company This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.
Description: Adobe PDF document