Re: [sig-policy] Amendment of SIG Charter
- To: Aftab Siddiqui <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] Amendment of SIG Charter
- From: Owen DeLong <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 21:52:17 -0700
- Cc: Sumon Ahmed Sabir <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Policy SIG <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <CAK5YLgdqQnCQrxF9F1mH1ZA3RbN1XanAxNWbSrFETOtvAZUxWA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAJMj-ZDE5i7g5Y9Xe-j2z6v1jrsXuOD8eEXZV0PB7Hny2GRMow@mail.gmail.com> <CAK5YLgdqQnCQrxF9F1mH1ZA3RbN1XanAxNWbSrFETOtvAZUxWA@mail.gmail.com>
|Aftab, I think you misread the proposed language.|
First, neither the current version nor the proposed version refer to members at all, but to the actions of the APNIC, NIRs, and ISPs. The one change I think should be made there is to replace ISPs with LIRs since not all LIRs are technically ISPs, though that is certainly the most common case.
As to your “not limited to” or “services related to resources”, I fail to see how that is not addressed by the proposed “…and related services”.
I support the language proposed by Sumon whether or not he chooses to take my NIR suggestion.