Re: [sig-policy] [Sig-policy] New version of prop-116: Prohibit to trans

    • To: sig-policy <sig-policy at apnic dot net>
    • Subject: Re: [sig-policy] [Sig-policy] New version of prop-116: Prohibit to transfer IPv4 addresses in the final /8 block
    • From: Satoru Tsurumaki <satoru.tsurumaki at g.softbank dot co dot jp>
    • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 15:31:46 +0900
    • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=g-softbank-co-jp.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=NjJV6DDAAIte4hnkyOvpbtV4EwKLqVJA6A/NR4FJEDU=; b=1IIzuCfMy2YLIqAD414naZ6tFhp7IOMzro/jK3dXv2hXPdlXR/99gGihjv9+WKu2kZ w5aJEfVHB+ku5BczvdSjtBsQwMbf6D1cSMScgg3MVt1n1j0kiqu5i8sSwJMrQzFHMgsR p2CnDReZRsr2q+qYakpTjHJRHb0HaCP+Cb0sFKft439H9thn0rAsKiTxIbqTW2tB34Fb hiD2Fw6yJ7wY09kNYkrW9yIYBRzJS+TRRpY2UY4w0ckG+YJRL/jV6z0lBD6w+74f7Q6D k/eiT+VNqNWuwPEvVg/dlMsFhlAjkacp/Vj0n8s4w4cmof0cUrjg4mOxwVdWnNUWFNpl zJnA==

        I am Satoru Tsurumaki from Policy Working Group in Japan.

        I would like to share key feedback in our community for prop-116,
        based on a meeting we organised on 5th Sep to discuss these proposals.

        Substantial support expressed for the proposal with reasons below.

        * Transfer of 103/8 block is against the original intention of the
        final /8 policy (103/8).

        * Given the purpose of 103/8 block distribution is to make the minimum
        IPv4 address block available until transition to IPv6, it may even be
        unnecessary to set the limit of "two years" to prohibit the transfer.

        Best Regards,

        Satoru Tsurumaki
        Policy Working Group
        Japan Open Policy Forum