Re: [sig-policy] prop-119: Temporary transfers, to be discussed at APNIC
- To: mailman_SIG-policy <sig-policy at apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] prop-119: Temporary transfers, to be discussed at APNIC 44 Polic y SIG
- From: Adam Gosling <adam at apnic dot net>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 08:09:34 +0000
- Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
- Authentication-results: apnic.net; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none; apnic.net; dmarc=none action=none header.from=apnic.net;
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CALcH-8nnRL2__zCBRw_BdpYbx0OGan8M6HXN-D4YQQCumB00hg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <0F90CDE9-A8B6-4CB1-8E0F-358F5F2F79EF@oracle.com> <CANoO2f5acqAFBY_85kgcW6k-noje2d2YjmKfXKLwgf4-No4Lfg@mail.gmail.com> <CALcH-8m_ope=F7gY5VMYiqSRtGva4y85ytrp-BpnQfO15nkc8A@mail.gmail.com> <CANoO2f7YCweMAozop=PpxVbgkqJ1ca_Lj9EKvvXTOBDWm=eW-A@mail.gmail.com> <CALcH-8nnRL2__zCBRw_BdpYbx0OGan8M6HXN-D4YQQCumB00hg@mail.gmail.com>
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0
- Thread-index: AQHTG24hrtcQb6taP0y/5U26RgyzZ6KRLMeAgABgRwCAAVeNgIAMzQgAgACybYA=
- Thread-topic: [sig-policy] prop-119: Temporary transfers, to be discussed at APNIC 44 Polic y SIG
The APNIC Secretariat is reviewing the policy proposals under discussion and seeks clarification to better understand the intention of prop-119-v001: Temporary transfers.
APNIC remains neutral and objective about the outcome of this discussion and only requires clarification to ensure correct implementation should the proposal reach consensus.
- Will recipient organisations of a temporary transfer be required to be an APNIC account holder?
- Will Historical Resources be covered by this policy?
The Secretariat believes an administrative and legal review of this proposal is required. Further questions may arise as a result of that review.
We appreciate your clarification.
Senior Internet Policy Analyst, APNIC
e: adam at apnic dot net
p: +61 7 3858 3142
m: +61 421 456 243
Join the conversation: https://blog.apnic.net/
Oh, I thought I had replied, but seems not.
>Simply speaking not having the resources in MyAPNIC is equivalent as
Let me ask more specifically.
What do you mean by "full control of the resources in the APNIC database"?
What do you mean by "control the RPKI or reverse delegation"?
Why your customer cannot or doesn't want to ask their upstream to manage RPKI or reverse delegation?
Why your customer cannot or doesn't want to ask their upstream to point NS record of assigned space to their customer?
NO. I don't think it is enough justification nor problem statement to propose the policy, in particular for v4.
Still, against for this proposal.
2017-08-23 21:01 GMT-07:00 David Hilario <d.hilario at laruscloudservice dot net>: