Re: [sig-policy] Policy SIG Chair and Co-Chair Nominations now open
- To: "sig-policy at apnic dot net" <sig-policy at apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy] Policy SIG Chair and Co-Chair Nominations now open
- From: Masato Yamanishi <myamanis at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 14:17:53 -0800
- Delivered-to: sig-policy at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=Rvea4wvgVq/T/lbtU8E7bhDYb2+Zth07eSU7QJYFOBM=; b=gqYSc6pFeC7zIfaeTJGgJlGBk3ty4o1F6kuFmwvuduguG9gud1afbOpEjhmX0b8/En Cy17VAiqOS4mHwZv+uS9mt+LL9svsRvUdyaHwavmiJNhGiq5vmcYHu+5i5x7mZjiw3qa mAP7z0E21uoP2WXVINoZzHR53WI3645LMyIPQJICAra+2jJqZlpXl+9HMvcDFf+ARDDT qDdLmYiF4HaufFxLQ+7xCZ7In4pDpXXdXnzmSJGdkQz+tHA0X2hLAPOndxablZlG5PkE kEBWmpteWY8RnjjoOgD3IyNKJPvfpUvxnUlHnfBrABPoxgTOszisdoCnnAlcOeJdzmL5 XZxA==
- In-reply-to: <04357D8C-3780-436B-9A33-730ED9145F7C@apnic.net>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/sig-policy>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Dear Community members,
Although we will have Chair election in next meeting, I will not run for next term as I mentioned in last two meetings.
In addition, I will not be able to physically participate at this time, so would like to ask Sumon, Co-chair, to work as acting Chair
and take Chair's responsibility till we will complete current PDP cycle as described in SIG guideline.
(Meant if any proposal(s) will be reached consensus in next OPM, present it or them to AMM and Last Call as well as follow up until be endorsed by EC or pushed back to the community)
> Unless new Policy SIG Chairs and Co-Chairs are required immediately, there will be a handover period.
> Outgoing Chairs and Co-Chairs are expected to follow proposals reaching consensus at the current OPM, to the completion of the Policy Development Process.
Regarding the proposal for revising SIG guideline, I could find a person who kindly accepted to take it over.
Thus, we are revising it currently and will present it to the Community shortly.
(and I might participate in that part remotely)
Lastly, I feel very sorry that I will not be able to meet each of you and make my farewell,
but it was my great preasure to serve as Chair and Co-chair for 5+years and work with this Community.
Masato Yamanishi, Policy SIG Chair
2017-01-22 21:31 GMT-08:00 George Odagi <godagi at apnic dot net>:
Dear Community Members,
The APNIC Secretariat is now seeking volunteers to serve as Chair and
Co-Chair of the APNIC Policy SIG.
The SIG Guidelines prefer that Chair and Co-Chair terms end in alternate
years to provide continuity if there is a change in leadership. We
propose the Chair be elected for a two-year term. If a new Co-Chair is
needed they will serve a one-year term.
The deadline for nominations is:
23:59 (UTC +10)
Wednesday, 22 February 2017
The responsibilities are outlined in Section 2.3 of the APNIC SIG
Nominations will be accepted only by using the following form:
The election will be the first agenda item of the APNIC Policy SIG
meeting on Wednesday, 1 March 2017.
Internet Resource Analyst/Policy Support, APNIC
e: godagi at apnic dot net
p: +61 7 3858 3191
f: +61 7 3858 3199
Join the conversation: https://blog.apnic.net/
* sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy *
sig-policy mailing list
sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net