Re: [sig-policy] prop-057-v001: Proposal to change IPv6 initial allocat

  • To: sig-policy at apnic dot net
  • Subject: Re: [sig-policy] prop-057-v001: Proposal to change IPv6 initial allocation criteria
  • From: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic dot ad dot jp>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:57:28 +0900

      I've modified the proposed criteria to add a plan for routing
      annoucement within two years:

      ----
           - Have a plan for making at least 200 assignments to other
            organizations within two years, OR;

           - Be an existing LIR with IPv4 allocations from an RIR/NIR AND have
             a plan for making assignments and/or sub-allocations to other
             organizations within two years. *The LIR should also plan to
             announce the allocation as a single aggregated block in the
             inter-domain routing system within two years.*
      ----

      It's inteded to allocate IPv6 to organizations which are equivalent in
      scale as in IPv4 and has a plan to distribute IPv6 to other organizations.

      Comments are welcome on whether this criteria adequately reflects the
      target.

      izumi