Re: [sig-policy]Re: Mortgage rates as low as ..
- To: Anne Lord <anne at apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [sig-policy]Re: Mortgage rates as low as ..
- From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1 at ix dot netcom dot com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:23:30 -0800
- Cc: sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net, sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net, sig-policy at apnic dot net, sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net, sig at apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/sig-policy/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: APNIC SIG on resource management policy <sig-policy.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is now obvious that active monitoring of this list as well as several IETF, ICANN, ARIN and AFNIC lists is not done very well and it is easy to set up some filters for dealing with spam. Even Randy, the seemingly unofficial but pervasive sales person for procmail knows how to accomplish this without increasing the load on list monitors all that much. What I am always amazed by is that Apnic in this instance seems to be unable or yet unwilling to address spam of this sort, yet set's itself up as being able to develop policy for Ip addressing... Simply amazing indeed! :/ Anne Lord wrote: > hi Randy, > > > could the folk at apnic PLEASE make these mailing lists > > subscriber-only? heck, even joe touch finally got a clue. > > <sig-policy at apnic dot net> is a subscriber only mailing list. > > <sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net>, <sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net> > and <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net> are all aliases for the SIG > chairs. > > The aliases currently function as a straightforward way of > contacting the various SIG chairs and co-chairs (probably too > straightforward!). > > We are happy to turn them into mailing lists and enforce > subscriber only posting as requested. The side effect of > this is that it will require more active monitoring of postings. > > Hope this helps, > > cheers, > Anne > -- > > > > > randy > > > > > From: "Abigail Williamson" <DYREXVEY@hotmail.com> > > > To: sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net > > > Cc: sig-policy-chair at apnic dot net, sig-policy at apnic dot net, > > > sig-routing-chair at apnic dot net, sig at apnic dot net, sysadm at apnic dot net, bc at apnic dot net, > > > est at apnic dot net > > > Subject: Mortgage rates as low as .. > > > Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:56:47 -0600 > > > > > > Refinance today to as low as 1.5%! > > > Buy the home of your dreams! > > > > > > Visit our website for details > > > > > > http://www.cangetcoolstuff.com/L20/index.php > > > > * sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy * > > _______________________________________________ > > sig-policy mailing list > > sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net > > http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy > > > > * sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy * > _______________________________________________ > sig-policy mailing list > sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net > http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy Regards, -- Jeffrey A. Williams Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!) "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" - Pierre Abelard "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by P: i.e., whether B is less than PL." United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947] =============================================================== Updated 1/26/04 CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC. E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix dot netcom dot com Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact Number: 214-244-4827