Re: [pacnog] Public Invitation to Participate in #Fishackathon [22nd-24t
- To: Pacific Islands Chapter of the Internet Society Discussion List <picisoc at picisoc dot org>, igf-pacific <igf-pacific at googlegroups dot com>, "oceania-icann at icann dot org" <oceania-icann at icann dot org>, PacNOG <pacnog at pacnog dot org>
- Subject: Re: [pacnog] Public Invitation to Participate in #Fishackathon [22nd-24th April, 2016]
- From: "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:48:16 +0200
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=LccITeg1BwzLYeGucl48lwFLNmyKosnmlPRSV93G1I4=; b=o7RYRTlKLSM+DMXo3kueTGhGYbgU1gI4SEL/13U26ArWabe06NMBUOR/4PkcoRXxx1 OyxcdUOhA/ee9fQIlxx33xNIN1urdXS03tF3nfJnFhTjJ9tMXepwfRbml8qkUeDmsS+a GrXWZbPTW3e7/T83whHsoSwnzkBIFZLupjuSp5mx+RyRPogfT5KP9MYS4wa4gbPg8dcf XPYmi0YMSnqZj5wLHKrVUSCq7go5ixa3qS+vnK15JienMHrQIbKnEJhQ2Tgo+KNeyZPu 7thb4lB/Y6ogNI9SKBPOCJtWpaYelvR90k391d3HX30ugklxyjAdQ4lQ+/F75Wf1OXO1 +bsA==
- In-reply-to: <CAJwbTiCzPaaCH3-nyKEkqW2Y4y-SHAA9rw3BsJ_mO1o0f2X12g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAJwbTiCzPaaCH3-nyKEkqW2Y4y-SHAA9rw3BsJ_mO1o0f2X12g@mail.gmail.com>
The University of the South Pacific in collaboration with the United States of America Department of State and US Embassy is hosting a global event at the Japan Pacific ICT Centre between 22nd-24th April, 2016.
A Problem Statement was developed within the United States which will be released to all competitors at the time of the competition. The global prize of $10,000USD is sponsored by Virgin Group and each participant will be given a free dot co domain for hosting for a year.
To pre-register, you are invited to submit names of those who may wish to participate by the 16th April, 2015, this is to organise and plan catering and equipment etc. Kindly get those that are interested to pre-register https://goo.gl/lSjFcY
Fishackathon is a public-private partnership that aims to capitalize on the expansion of mobile phone and internet use across the developing world to address sustainable fishery challenges. The annual Fishackathon event calls on coders and science enthusiasts from all around the world to come together to create new applications and tools for use on mobile phones and other devices, which can help fishers work smarter and more safely in sustainable fishing.
The United States organized the inaugural Fishackathon around the Secretary’s Our Ocean conference in 2014. The 2014 Fishackathon took place at aquariums and tech hubs in across the United States, and the 2015 event expanded to thirteen cities around the world.
Thank you kindly,