Re: [pacnog] BGAN Satellite Broadband services
- To: "'Terry Rupeni'" <terry.rupeni at gmail dot com>, <pacnog at pacnog dot org>, <picisoc at picisoc dot org>
- Subject: Re: [pacnog] BGAN Satellite Broadband services
- From: "Badley Teddy" <bteddy at cbsi dot com dot sb>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:34:14 +1100
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CABu2aSGf4J3y3nFwfX=yMF3vPLVTvkFsKK7Gp599cOGONeMkSQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CABu2aSGf4J3y3nFwfX=yMF3vPLVTvkFsKK7Gp599cOGONeMkSQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-index: AQJCVX/hb1o/FsT407P/iSgg1PEe350tzSMw
Some years back may be 2-3 years back I happened to have the opportunity to do a test with BGAN device. It did work in the Solomon Islands. We did the test at Vavaya Ridge National Disaster Council Office and outside Honiara Hotel in the Solomon Islands. Connectivity was quite good outside Honiara Hotel.
From: pacnog-bounces at pacnog dot org [mailto:pacnog-bounces at pacnog dot org] On Behalf Of Terry Rupeni
Has anyone used these BGAN satellite devices within the PNG/Solomons Region? I've been asked to assist a research team look into possible remote satellite solutions for a upcoming research trip to upload small amounts of research data.
From my undestanding the location they will be in has no coverage from any terrestrial ISP providers.
BGAN seems to be ideal with minimum setup/footprint but not familiar with the coverage or if this service is available within the Pacific and from who we can rent equipment from.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please do not attempt to take any action or make any response to it. Note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not