[pacnog] Fwd: East Asia and the Pacific: U.S. Department of State Hosts
- To: Pacific Islands Chapter of the Internet Society Discussion List <picisoc at picisoc dot org>, igf-pacific <igf-pacific at googlegroups dot com>, pacnog at pacnog dot org
- Subject: [pacnog] Fwd: East Asia and the Pacific: U.S. Department of State Hosts Youth TechCamp Fiji, the First in the Pacific
- From: "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:18:05 +1300
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=imRSmXx2/Ic84u9r7uMd/z+qK9VU1QfpND8clsGiDIY=; b=HhWG6nlJeHHujkoZZ3Ye6Zwh9cDHWNAb3h6kd44OL/zrqnwuraFjECMbQ6OIGTS9dQ 0PUcyYi/ztUiFBGQo1IvTjg4D10cAmNm2XQeumb4sBK5fQauRbA9EZGP7vZlzls1ylPI 5wCiQmcSwpiTj1RPbs52TPPVLXUpb6v+9lb8zGriOI8pj1KGvy8wXpRVuS+qFm4L/8/z BsJ+kidQxTHrqO23C183e8klGN1USSk3jMHY41SXC8rzHcy7eyqUrcRYJiYCIw5Nyl02 yvEG5BecY/ywOj+04Pxyt7zS+G6WT0cxgTgulXPeU9dDyxye+IVKl8fntYITwXrkEQOZ RyYA==
- In-reply-to: <1352236563960.947515.128541364.bulletin.usstatebpa at subscriptions dot fcg dot gov>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com>
From: U.S. Department of State <usstatebpa at subscriptions dot fcg dot gov>
Date: Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Subject: East Asia and the Pacific: U.S. Department of State Hosts Youth TechCamp Fiji, the First in the Pacific
To: salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail dot com
East Asia and the Pacific: U.S. Department of State Hosts Youth TechCamp Fiji, the First in the Pacific
11/06/2012 02:39 PM EST
U.S. Department of State Hosts Youth TechCamp Fiji, the First in the Pacific
Office of the Spokesperson
November 6, 2012
The U.S. Department of State will host a Youth TechCamp in collaboration with Pasifika Nexus and the BrightPath Foundation at the University of South Pacific in Suva, Fiji from November 20-21 and November 26-30, 2012. The first-ever Youth TechCamp in the Pacific, Youth TechCamp Fiji will provide six full days of training for up to 300 young people from throughout the Pacific Islands. Youth TechCamp Fiji will work with top local and international technology experts specializing in digital content creation, mobile applications, and social activism. Youth TechCamp Fiji will enable these future leaders from the Pacific Islands to contribute to policy development, spur local content creation, and leverage connection technologies to make a positive impact in their communities and around the world.
Youth TechCamp Fiji supports Secretary Clinton’s vision of 21st Century Statecraft by encouraging young people to engage and contribute to the digital networks and technologies of today’s interconnected world.
Collaborators supporting this event include State’s Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs (EAP), State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), U.S. Embassy Suva, BrightPath Foundation and PasifikaNEXUS. A signature series hosted by the State Department to increase digital literacy, Youth TechCamp Fiji will engage Pacific youth, students, and young professionals.
For more information and media inquiries about the Youth TechCamp, contact Suzanne Philion, PhilionSK@state.gov
The Office of Website Management, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
Stay connected with the State Department:
External links found in this content or on Department of State websites that go to other non-Department websites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact support at govdelivery dot com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by U.S. Department of State.