[pacnog] Huawei Signs MoU with INTEL #IT #Cloud #ICT
- To: pacnog at pacnog dot org
- Subject: [pacnog] Huawei Signs MoU with INTEL #IT #Cloud #ICT
- From: "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" <salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 13:43:23 +1200
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CAJwbTiBnbue0Prqk5bP21xsBdmjqvCi_ofmMYx4cN6yDLSj0yQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAJwbTiBnbue0Prqk5bP21xsBdmjqvCi_ofmMYx4cN6yDLSj0yQ@mail.gmail.com>
Huawei Technology is a dominant vendor in the Pacific. Thought that some of you may be interested in this:-
Huawei teams with Intel on IT and cloud
Staff writer | September 07, 2012
Huawei Technologies signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Intel to strengthen their joint engineering efforts and bringing new IT solutions to the market.
The partnership is Huawei’s latest initiative to expand its business into the IT and cloud computing sectors, as part of the Chinese vendor’s strategies to stem falling profits from telecom equipment segment.
Under the MoU, Huawei and Intel will focus on developing server, storage, data center and cloud computing products. The pair will also share market development efforts, synchronize future strategies and shorten product development cycles,Huawei said in a statement.
"The strategic MoU between Intel and Huawei will bring the cooperation to a new level. The key advantage for both companies is the ability to bring new innovative product and usage models to market," Ian Yang, Intel corporate vice president and China president.
"Huawei has strong capability in server, storage, data center and cloud computing," said Zheng Yelai, president of Huawei IT product line.
"We have had an excellent collaboration over the past ten years with Intel. The strategic global cooperation MoU on IT will only help to strengthen the Huawei and Intel relationship, and allow us both to innovate around customer demand – providing more efficient, more valuable ICT solutions to our customers."
Huawei said it currently has 10,000 staff dedicated to the IT field, as well as multiple cloud computing delivery capability centers in China. The company has involved in commercial cloud deployments in 33 countries, and has helped customers worldwide build 260 data centers, 35 of which are cloud computing data centers.