[pacnog] APNIC at IGF 2008 and APNIC Fellowships
- To: PACNOG <pacnog at pacnog dot org>
- Subject: [pacnog] APNIC at IGF 2008 and APNIC Fellowships
- From: Srinivas Chendi <sunny at apnic dot net>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:00:14 +1000
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: Srinivas Chendi <email@example.com>
APNIC at IGF in Hyderabad, India, 2008
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) facilitates discussions on Internet
governance issues that affect multiple stakeholder groups. It includes
a wide variety of discussions on Internet governance including Internet
security, privacy and trust, multilingualism on the Internet, and how
to increase global access to the Internet.
Management of critical Internet resources
Discussions focussing on the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 will be in
the spotlight, illustrating the continuing importance this subject has
in the Internet today.
APNIC will represent the Asia Pacific Internet addressing community at
IGF 2008 by:
- Participating as a member of the Number Resource Organization
(NRO) in IGF workshops and main sessions
- Being available to talk to IGF attendees throughout the meeting
at the NRO booth in the IGF village
- Organizing the "Challenges facing Internet operators in
developing countries" workshop.
Join APNIC at IGF 2008 - apply for a fellowship
The IGF is open to everyone and registration is free. The meeting will
be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre, Hyderabad,
India, 3-6 December 2008.
APNIC will also be offering a limited number of fellowships to allow
members in developing Asia Pacific economies to attend IGF 2008.
Applicants must meet certain criteria in order to gain a fellowship.
For more on fellowships, see:
For more on IGF 2008, visit:
Srinivas (Sunny) Chendi email: sunny at apnic dot net
External Relations Manager, APNIC sip: sunny at voip dot apnic dot net
http://www.apnic.net ph/fx: +61 7 3858 3100/99
To remove yourself from this email list click here