Re: [pacnog] Need help in transfering active directory
- To: "Tarau Bauia" <tbauia at gmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: [pacnog] Need help in transfering active directory
- From: "Bill Tomon" <bill.tomon at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:06:33 -0700
- Cc: pacnog at pacnog dot org
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <7ebdd12b0804141149x496116b8tc4df042bd0ec4b51 at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Build a new member server.
Promote the member server into a new DC (DC2) and install DNS on this DC.
Enable AD-integrated DNS so that the new DC (DC2) also has a writeable copy of the DNS zone.
Make the new DC (DC2) a Global Catalog server.
Transfer (not seize) the five FSMO roles to the new DC (DC2).
Demote the original DC (DC1).
In order to successfully move the role of a Domain Controller to
another server and decommission the original DC, you need to perform
the following steps:
View link for all procedures,
hope this helps
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Tarau Bauia <tbauia at gmail dot com> wrote:
Is there anyone that can help us on how to transfer an active directory from one machine to another, the problem is that our DC, DNS server 2003 has been down due with the cpu, cool sink that and it can not start. What we did, we set up another machine as our DNS, DC and Active Directory using the same domain name.
Everything seems ok, except adding computers to our new DNS and creating new accounts for all users as it was very time consuming so if someone know how to transfer the old DNS and Active Directory we really need your help.
pacnog mailing list
pacnog at pacnog dot org