[pacnog] Need help in transfering active directory
- To: pacnog at pacnog dot org
- Subject: [pacnog] Need help in transfering active directory
- From: "Tarau Bauia" <tbauia at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:49:37 -1000
- Delivered-to: pacnog at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/pacnog>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Pacific Network Operators Group <pacnog.pacnog.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/pacnog>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Is there anyone that can help us on how to transfer an active directory from one machine to another, the problem is that our DC, DNS server 2003 has been down due with the cpu, cool sink that and it can not start. What we did, we set up another machine as our DNS, DC and Active Directory using the same domain name.
Everything seems ok, except adding computers to our new DNS and creating new accounts for all users as it was very time consuming so if someone know how to transfer the old DNS and Active Directory we really need your help.