[GLOBAL-V6] Re: up a few thousand meters

  • To: global-v6 at lists dot apnic dot net, Daniel Karrenberg <Daniel.Karrenberg at ripe dot net>
  • Subject: [GLOBAL-V6] Re: up a few thousand meters
  • From: Takashi Arano <arano at gblx dot ad dot jp>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:13:07 +0900
  • Cc: Randy Bush <randy at psg dot com>
  • Sender: owner-global-v6@lists.apnic.net
    • Daniel,

      I totally agree with you. Address policy and practices
      should be based on a good balance among various factors
      and past experiences.

      I do believe the current draft with some modifications
      proposed in this global ML is properly on this way.

      Regards,
      Takashi Arano

      At 20:08 02/02/12, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

      >    **** Please read Randy's message - again - and once more.
      >
      >I follow the discussions from even higher up than Randy ;-) but
      >they give me a very disturbing and sometimes discouraging sense
      >of deja-vu. Please consider the following -again:
      >
      >- address space, however large, is never quite as infinite as it may seem
      >
      >- V6 per-se does *not at all* solve the routing (table) problem
      >
      >- proper trade-offs between conservation, aggregation
      >   and ease of obtaining address space are curcuial,
      >   but not easily achieved/agreed
      >   and vary with time as technology develops
      >
      >- proper registration data is *crucial* for problem tracking
      >   and *security*, read: routing authentication
      >- you can only usefully keep registration data at a neutral registry
      >- it is *extremely hard* to clean up registration data that has not
      >   been properly collected and/or maintained
      >
      >We have learned most of this by experience, let's not unlearn it.
      >
      >Daniel

      -
      - This list (global-v6) is handled by majordomo at lists dot apnic dot net