[apops] ** APPLY NOW!!! Applications Open for the 2016 Ambassadors to th
- To: "apops at apops dot net" <apops at apops dot net>
- Subject: [apops] ** APPLY NOW!!! Applications Open for the 2016 Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (Guadalajara, Mexico) **
- From: Niel Harper <harper at isoc dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 20:00:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=isoc.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-isoc-org; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=5RGWcPQ6uSjz1yX8wFc9uSqzqGqQ4lco+i2WTLE7P3U=; b=LbVVLTzyE1gW2mtblZUa6Uza+O3KPy7nX6uXyCuYedhdnIcyJvptH1mdi11+I1rGZyTdtiRrUx9czVjJM3ySVHl+1/cyAwARDJ+zvwr7+kt9T8nIQCnGEMHBNLhjxeogeI761ZhxuekxWpGMpnwTlwzv97EpGnDvz9esEEUKHks=
- Importance: high
- In-reply-to: <D39FF844.57E93%harper at isoc dot org>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <D39FF844.57E93email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHR1ghfg01V3rjJA0We8wFYfsWM96AIbkEA
- Thread-topic: ** APPLY NOW!!! Applications Open for the 2016 Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (Guadalajara, Mexico) **
The Internet Society is inviting applications for its 2016 Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF). IGF Ambassadors will gain valuable insight and experience through their exposure to a range of stakeholders and discussions from numerous disciplines across the Internet ecosystem and benefit from their immersion into the IGF week of activities.
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) serves to bring people together from various stakeholder groups as equals, in discussions on public policy issues relating to the Internet. While there are no negotiated outcomes, the IGF informs and inspires those with policy-making power in both the public and private sectors. At their annual meeting delegates discuss, exchange information and share good practices with each other. The IGF facilitates a common understanding of how to maximize Internet opportunities and address risks and challenges that arise.
Ambassadorships will be awarded through a competitive application process. The Internet Society is currently accepting applications for the following:
* 11th Annual Internet Governance Forum, December 6-9, 2016, Guadalajara, Mexico
Information about the programme and links to apply can be found at: http://bit.ly/1TxHeuA.
Applications will close on 24 July, 2016 and successful candidates will be notified on 12 August, 2016.
I encourage you to apply for this opportunity or pass this information about the programme to individuals in your network that have a keen interest in the Internet governance and policy activities of the IGF.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Niel Harper at harper at isoc dot org.