[apops] Invitation to Applicants: 2014 Internet Society Ambassadors to t
- To: Undisclosed recipients:;
- Subject: [apops] Invitation to Applicants: 2014 Internet Society Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
- From: Niel Harper <harper at isoc dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 00:28:32 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Importance: high
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Thread-index: AQHPmws3ar4NUQA1yEet+HPA55T1iw==
- Thread-topic: Invitation to Applicants: 2014 Internet Society Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
Invitation to Applicants: 2014 Internet Society Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF):
As a number of you may know, 2014 is a transitional year for the Next Generation Leaders programme. We greatly appreciate the feedback on the chapter delegates mailing list on the value of the programme to our members, and on the ways that we can improve it going forward.
As such, we have put in place a modified IGF Ambassadors programme for 2014 and are now pleased to invite applications for the 2014 Internet Society Ambassadors to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) . Because there are only nine (9) weeks to the meeting, the application process will be shorter than prior years.
About the IGF and the 2014 Ambassadors Programme:
The IGF is a multi-stakeholder forum for policy dialogue on issues of Internet governance. It brings together government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders, including the technical and academic community, on an equal basis and through an open and inclusive process. The IGF facilitates a common understanding of how to maximize Internet opportunities and address risks and challenges that arise.
In 2014, the main theme will be "Connecting Continents for Enhanced Multi-stakeholder Internet Governance." The Forum will be held in Istanbul, Turkey from 1-5 September 2014, inclusive of Day 0 activities.
As part of the Internet Society's Next Generation Leaders (NGL) programme, the Ambassadorships to the IGF are available to Internet Society members between the ages of 20 and 40.
Ambassadors to the IGF may be involved in various activities at the Forum, including contributions to the IGF Ambassadors' blog, participating broadly in the IGF meeting agenda and staffing of the Internet Society booth at the venue. Details of these opportunities will be confirmed in advance of the Forum.
For the full set of selection criteria, the timeline, and expectations for selected participants, please visit:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit:
Please Note: If you have not used our ZoomGrants online application system before, please register as a new user on the system. For those who have previously used our system, please use your existing username and password to apply.
In addition to completing the online application form, you will be required to upload a 1-2 page briefing paper as well as upload your most recently updated CV (with a photograph).
The deadline for applications is midnight UTC on 20 July 2014.
Successful candidates will be notified on 25 July 2014.
The Next Generation Leaders Programme:
For more information about the Next Generation Leaders programme, please visit:
You can also contact us at leaders at isoc dot org.
If you are interested in becoming a Corporate or Organizational partner of the Next Generation Leaders (NGL) programme, please email leader-sponsor at isoc dot org
Senior Manager, Next Generation Leaders Programmes
1775 Wiehle Avenue
Email: harper at isoc dot org