[apops] Fwd: SAFNOG 2014 - Call for Papers OPEN
- To: apops at apops dot net
- Subject: [apops] Fwd: SAFNOG 2014 - Call for Papers OPEN
- From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom dot mu>
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:16:22 +0200
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: SEACOM
- Reply-to: email@example.com
--- Begin Message ---
- To: <afnog at afnog dot org>
- Subject: [afnog] SAFNOG 2014 - Call for Papers OPEN
- From: Chim Sichali <chimwemwe.fredrick99 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:49:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=gFmVXRpSoFsa1t5ZaPfgVp7kzkOvWGBnLYp7SGt6Sss=; b=tHz+hqFGRx7DuxhioEdzjxVzooACATHL0xD2kxZZW2R12GpDdnS3xUj6flEDWobGb+ tBLMba2IunucoUqAb1J8T++f/5X8si8T1Tg9PZjvpj2X4P2tbs7Qkn/6rHGnBgeSOOaw B1hmUqW7q83pT4Jd/Gl1vVl8bPeBKb+rm/vgH12K9z0fCJRVmWMzxIGHcRnJZ7Rr13A8 lkynw+M/oGHlskLY53Tw2AzxzTarwyuhPmeTsZx+4d6C+tqQjSt2IXtNphOhK+1yMzNg XkcG4HlWCacIfixUEnRziIQb5iWr2rQek0ZCRCphrVpeJLa1QMYowZ/ax0Nyq1HIxqHj 29UA==
- List-archive: <http://afnog.org/pipermail/afnog/>
- List-help: <mailto:afnog-request at afnog dot org?subject=help>
- List-id: The AfNOG General Discussion List <afnog.afnog.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://afnog.org/mailman/listinfo/afnog>, <mailto:afnog-request at afnog dot org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://afnog.org/mailman/options/afnog>, <mailto:afnog-request at afnog dot org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: afnog <afnog-bounces at afnog dot org>The Southern Africa Network Operators Group (SAFNOG)
Johannesburg, South Africa 22 April - 23 April, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The SAFNOG 2014 Programme Committee is now seeking contributions for Presentations and Tutorials for SAFNOG 2014.
We are looking for presenters who would:
- Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic;
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker;
- Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
Please submit on-line at:
Call for Papers Opens 27 January 2014
First Draft Program Published 28 February 2014
Final Deadline for Submissions 10 April 2014
Final Program Published 15 April 2014
Final Slides Received 18 April 2014
The SAFNOG Programme Committee is organised in three parts, including workshops, tutorials and the conference.
Topics for tutorials and the conference must be relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:
- IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
- IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Internet backbone operations
- ISP and Carrier services
- IXPs and Peering
- Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
- The African Internet
- Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
- DNS / DNSSEC
- Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing, etc)
- Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, 3G/LTE, wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, MPLS
- Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, "telepresence", Gaming) and Cloud Computing
Draft slides for both tutorials and conference sessions MUST be provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme Committee will be unable to review the submission. For work in progress, the most current information available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF format only.
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for publication on the SAFNOG website.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots will be filled well before the final submission deadline. The Programme Committee will retain a limited number of slots up to the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely, important, or of critical operational importance.
Please submit on-line at:
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme Committee co-chairs by e-mail at:
safnog-pc-chairs at safnog.org
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
On Behalf of Kevin ChegeCo-ChairSAFNOG Programme Committee._______________________________________________ afnog mailing list http://afnog.org/mailman/listinfo/afnog
--- End Message ---
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.