[apops] APOPS at APNIC 34 conference - Cambodia!
- To: apops at apops dot net
- Subject: [apops] APOPS at APNIC 34 conference - Cambodia!
- From: Philip Smith <pfsinoz at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:55:49 +1000
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120614 Thunderbird/13.0.1
Compared with any previous APNIC conference, APNIC 34 in Cambodia has a greatly expanded opportunity for the Internet operations community to come and present or teach about subjects close to its heart, meet with industry colleagues, as well as attend conference plenaries and tutorials. We have taken a leaf out of the APRICOT book, with many members of the APRICOT 2012 Programme Committee now assisting with assembling the network operations side of the conference. The PC would love to receive your presentation submissions, or suggestions on appropriate topics or speakers. You can submit these at http://submission.apnic.net. The Opening Plenary starts on Monday afternoon (27th August) following morning tutorials. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sees a mix of APOPS plenary sessions, technical break outs, tutorials, as well as APNIC sourced content. All reminiscent of the successful APRICOT format. And we finish the week with the APNIC Policy Special Interest Group and Member Meeting. Both the Programme Committee and APNIC would very much like to see you in Phnom Penh for the mid-year conference. More information is on the APNIC 34 website - http://conference.apnic.net/34 And finally, even if you cannot think of something to present, please encourage your colleagues to do so. There are still ample opportunities to secure a speaking slot, and once we head into July, the PC will be reviewing and accepting content on a first come first served basis. Don't miss out by leaving it to the last minute! Thanks! Philip Smith & Mark Tinka APNIC 34 PC Chairs --