[apops] ISOC Fellowship to the IETF [applications open!]
- To: apops at apops dot net
- Subject: [apops] ISOC Fellowship to the IETF [applications open!]
- From: Connie Kendig <kendig at isoc dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:20:01 +0100
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Dear Colleagues,The Internet Society has announced that it is inviting applications for its latest Internet Society Fellowships to the IETF, part of its Next Generation Leaders (NGL) programme (www.InternetSociety.org/Leaders) . The Fellowship programme allows engineers from developing countries to attend an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting.
As you know, the IETF is the Internet's premier standards-making body, responsible for the development of protocols used in IP-based networks. IETF participants represent an international community of network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers involved in the technical operation of the Internet and the continuing evolution of Internet architecture.
Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application process. The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship applications for the next two IETF meetings:
* IETF 80, 27 March - 1 April, Prague, Czech Republic * IETF 81, 24 - 29 July, Quebec City, Canada http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship/index.phpFellowship applications for both IETF meetings are due by 17 December 2010.
I encourage you to pass on information about this program to individuals involved in your network that have a keen interest in the Internet standardisation activities of the IETF.
The Internet Society Fellowships to the IETF are sponsored by Afilias, Google, Microsoft, and Intel.
The Internet Society’s Next Generation Leaders programme is sponsored by Nominet Trust, the Association Française pour le Nommage Internet en Coopération (AFNIC), and the European Commission.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Connie Kendig <kendig[at]isoc[dot]org>.
Kind Regards, Connie J Kendig