[apops] IMPORTANT - APNIC 30 changes venue!
- To: apops at apops dot net
- Subject: [apops] IMPORTANT - APNIC 30 changes venue!
- From: Srinivas Chendi <sunny at apnic dot net>
- Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 16:33:52 +1000
- Delivered-to: apops at mailman dot apnic dot net
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: APNIC
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20100228)
[apologies for duplicates] _______________________________________________________________________ IMPORTANT - APNIC 30 changes venue! _______________________________________________________________________ APNIC 30 Bangkok ---------------- After much consideration, the APNIC EC has made the difficult decision to change the meeting venue. The APNIC EC and Secretariat extend their thanks to TOT for its hard work and support of APNIC 30 Bangkok and deeply regret the situation has necessitated this decision. The APNIC EC emphasized that the safety of APNIC 30 delegates should be the organization's primary concern in staging the event. APNIC 30 Gold Coast - new dates and new venue --------------------------------------------- APNIC 30 will now be held at the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia at the Marriott Hotel from 24-27 August 2010. Situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise, across from the famous Main Beach, you can enjoy pristine beaches, elegant dining, and exciting nightlife. The APNIC 30 meeting website will re-launch with revised information on Monday, 24 May 2010. http://meetings.apnic.net/30 Visa Requirements ----------------- All APNIC 30 Gold Coast attendees should be aware of the visa requirements for entry into Australia. Upon registration for APNIC 30, all attendees will receive a 'Confirmation of Registration', which will assist the application process. Attendees who are not eligible for the eVisitor or Subclass 977 Business visas will need to apply for the Subclass 456 Business Short Stay visa. The Subclass 456 visa takes up to 8 weeks to process. For more information on business-related visits to Australia: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/business-visit-visa-options.htm It is best to wait until your visa is granted before booking flights and accommodation. If you need help with your Subclass 456 visa, please email: visa at apnic dot net Please include your full name and economy name as shown on your passport, and an APNIC staff member will assist you with your visa application. _______________________________________________________________________ APNIC Secretariat secretariat at apnic dot net Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) Tel: +61-7-3858-3100 PO Box 2131 Milton, QLD 4064 Australia Fax: +61-7-3858-3199 _______________________________________________________________________