[apops] Feedback on the ISOC-AU IPv6 Project

  • To: apops at apops dot net, ausnog at ausnog dot net
  • Subject: [apops] Feedback on the ISOC-AU IPv6 Project
  • From: "Narelle Clark" <narellec at gmail dot com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:41:35 +1000
  • Cc:
    • [apologies for cross post]

      All,

      Last year the Internet Society of Australia (ISOC-AU) won a Government
      grant to promote IPv6 awareness and eventual adoption in Australia. A
      range of other ICT societies supported this activity.

      The process is now in its final stages and the final report is due to
      be submitted to DCITA before Easter.

      One deliverable is for a series of companies that work in the ICT
      domain to answer questions about three quite short documents all of
      which are on the following website: www.ipv6.org.au .

      My request is that you to do the following:

      1. Go to the website and find in the middle a pink heading "The IPv6 for
      e-Business Project" under which are several subheadings including
      "Mapping", "Enabling" and "Awareness".
      2. Read the document under "Mapping" (it is approx 4 A4 pages long) and
      advise whether or not you found the document generally a) useful and b)
      comprehensible.
      3. Read the document under "enabling", making sure to open and read the
      material under the four headings (Business Case Scenarios, ROI
      Evaluator, Transition Checklist and Easy Access Device) - approx 10 A4
      pages in all - and advise whether or not you found the document
      generally a) useful and b) comprehensible.
      4. Download the ROI Calculator (see link in the ROI Evaluator section)
      and advise whether the spreadsheet and process outlined is one that your
      organisation might use to help in determining when you might make the
      transition to IPv6.
      5. Read the document under "Awareness" (it is approx 1 A4 page long) and
      advise whether or not you found the document generally a) useful and b)
      comprehensible.

      Only YES/NO answers are required.  Additional comments will be
      appreciated but are not mandatory.  Below is the reply proforma:

      Mapping:   useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
      Enabling:  useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
      ROI Calculator: likely/unlikely to use
      Awareness:  useful Y/N, comprehensible Y/N
      Comment: discretionary.

      I think this will take about an hour to do justice to.

      I would be appreciative if you could respond to me by COB Friday 30
      Mar.  I will collate the results and forward to ISOC-AU.

      Many thanks in advance for your help and my apologies in advance for the
      short notice - it's the compressing doppler effect of a Government
      imposed hard-stop!

      thanks

      Narelle

      --

      Narelle
      vice-president at isoc-au dot org dot au