[apops] APNIC 21 - IX SIG Call for Proposals

  • To: IX SIG <sig-ix at lists dot apnic dot net>
  • Subject: [apops] APNIC 21 - IX SIG Call for Proposals
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:43:51 +1000
  • Cc:
      _____________________________

      APNIC 21 - Call for proposals
      _____________________________

        21st APNIC Open Policy Meeting
        27 February - 3 March 2006
        Perth, Australia

      Dear Colleagues,

      The next Internet Exchange Point Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting
      will be held in Perth, Australia during APNIC's 21st Open Policy
      Meeting. This SIG is an open forum discuss Internet Exchange Point
      technical and operational issues the Asia Pacific region. The SIG is
      currently planned to have two 90 minute sessions on Thursday 2nd March,
      from 2pm to 5:30pm.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. We are looking for
      presentations of relevance from anyone who is interested in Internet
      Exchange issues issues in the Asia Pacific region.

      Topics we might want to explore might include, but are not limited to
       - IX status reports from the region and around the world
       - IX equipment wish-lists
       - Best configuration practices for IXPs
       - IX peering policies
       - IX security
       - IX collaboration

      If you would like to take part in this SIG, you have two options.

      Policy Proposal Presentation: please submit the proposal by Monday 30
      January 2006, using the online form at:

          http://www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      Alternatively, you can send your proposal in TEXT format to the IX SIG
      chairs, CCing <sig at apnic dot net>. Proposals will be forwarded to the IX SIG
      mailing list by the Secretariat.

      Informational Presentation: If you want to submit an Informational
      presentation, please notify the IX SIG chairs directly at any time, but
      preferably by Monday 30 January 2006, to confirm a speaking slot.

      SIG presentation types
      ----------------------

      a) Policy proposal (P) - a proposal which requires feedback and
                               community consensus before it can proceed.

      b) Informational (I) -   typically a status report delivered to convey
                               information to the audience.

      Please mark your submission as either "I" or "P". The requirements below
      apply only to policy proposals (P).

      Policy proposal (P) requirements
      --------------------------------

      Submissions should be:
          - in TEXT format
          - received no later than 30 January 2006
          - relevant to the IX SIG

      A simple form has been created to assist with submitting policy
      proposals (P). This can be found at:

          http://www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      SIG archives and guidelines for presenters, including useful
      information, helpful hints, and sample presentation templates are
      available at:

          http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/

      Agenda slots will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, so a
      timely submission of your proposal and presentation abstract would be
      welcome and to your advantage.

      See you in Perth!

      Regards,

      Philip Smith & Che-Hoo Cheng