[apops] Peering locations in Singapore
- To: apops at apops dot net
- Subject: [apops] Peering locations in Singapore
- From: Mark Prior <mark.prior at aarnet dot edu dot au>
- Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:22:36 +0930
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operators Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
Hi there,AARNet, the Australian research and education network, is planning on setting up a POP in Singapore later this year so that we can get better access into the region (and avoid the transit across the Pacific). While we are a NREN we also provide commodity Internet access to our customers and so we are interested in improving connectivity to the commodity Internet as well as the NRENs. We aren't looking to pick up any customers in Singapore or looking for any transit deals but we are looking to peer with other commodity providers who might have a presence in Singapore. With this in mind we are trying to work out who would be interested in peering with us and where they are located as this will help us determine where to locate our POP.
If you are interested or can provide advice we would appreciate your input.
Thanks, Mark. -- Chief Technology Officer AARNet Pty Ltd Tel: +61 8 8303 6334 Level 7, 10 Pulteney Street Fax: +61 8 8303 4400 The University of Adelaide Web: http://www.aarnet.edu.au South AUSTRALIA, 5005