[apops] [SIG-IX] APNIC IX SIG Call for Presentations

  • To: IX SIG <sig-ix at lists dot apnic dot net>
  • Subject: [apops] [SIG-IX] APNIC IX SIG Call for Presentations
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:19:07 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Sender: sig-ix-bounces@lists.apnic.net
      ____________________________________

      APNIC 20 - IX SIG Call for proposals
      ____________________________________

        20th APNIC Open Policy Meeting
        06 - 09 September 2005
        Hanoi, Vietnam

      Dear Colleagues,

      The next IX Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting will be held in
      Hanoi, Vietnam during APNIC's 20th Open Policy Meeting. This SIG is an
      open forum discuss Internet Exchange Point technical and operational
      issues the Asia Pacific region. The SIG is currently planned to have
      two 90 minute sessions on Thursday 8th September, from 2pm to 5:30pm.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. We are looking for
      presentations of relevance from anyone who is interested in Internet
      Exchange issues issues in the Asia Pacific region.

      Topics we might want to explore might include, but are not limited to
       - IX status reports
       - IX equipment wish-lists
       - Best configuration practices for IXPs
       - IX peering policies
       - IX security

      Presentations
      -------------

      There are two types of presentations that can be made at any SIG.
      These are policy proposals (P) or informational (I) presentations.

      Requests to give an informational presentation can be made at any time
      directly to <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net>, but we would prefer if you did
      so by 10th August 2005 to help us plan the agenda. Or if there is a
      relevant topic you'd like to hear more about, please let us know the
      topic and/or the presenter's name so we can follow up.

      Policy proposals need to be submitted to the IX SIG mailing list in
      TEXT format 4 weeks in advance of the meeting. If you would like to make
      a policy proposal to the IX SIG at the meeting in Hanoi, please do so by
      10th August 2005, using the on-line form at:

          http://www.apnic.net/cgi-bin/policy_proposal.pl

      Alternatively you can send your proposal in TEXT format to
      <sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net>, cc'ing <sig at apnic dot net>. Proposals will be
      forwarded to the IX SIG mailing list by the Secretariat.

      Requirements for Policy proposals
      ---------------------------------

      Submissions should be:

      - in TEXT format
      - received no later than 10th August 2005
      - relevant to the SIG

      SIG archives and guidelines for presenters, including useful
      information helpful hints, and sample presentation templates
      are available at:

          http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/

      Agenda slots will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, so a
      timely submission of your proposal would be welcome and to your
      advantage.

      See you in Hanoi!

      Philip Smith and Che-Hoo Cheng