[apops] Yesterday's IX SIG meeting
- To: sig-ix at lists dot apnic dot net
- Subject: [apops] Yesterday's IX SIG meeting
- From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:33:44 +1000
- Cc: "Che-Hoo CHENG" <chcheng at ieee dot org>
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apops/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Asia Pacific Operations Forum <apops.apops.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apops>,<mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yesterday's IX SIG meeting was very successful with very interesting and informative presentations from NPIX (Nepal), SOX (Singapore), MIX (Mongolia), JPNAP (Japan), EuroIX (Association of European Internet Exchanges), and Equinix.
I would like to thank all the speakers for presenting at the SIG. All the presentations will be found on the APNIC website at http://www.apnic.net/meetings/15/sigs/ix/index.html.
We also discussed the IX SIG Charter. The charter I proposed to the meeting, based on what was listed as the interim Charter on the SIG Website is this:
"The IX SIG provides a forum for sharing information about the status and
activities of Internet eXchange (IX) points in the Asia Pacific region."
Please send your comments either directly to me, or the list, on whether you consider this an appropriate charter, or otherwise. If there are no comments by the 14th of March, I'll assume that the above charter is appropriate for this SIG and recommend it to APNIC.
Finally, following on from the call I issued on the 26th of November 2002, we discussed the appointment of a co-chair for this SIG. There was one volunteer present at the meeting, Che-Hoo Cheng. I proposed that Che-Hoo become the co-chair for the IX-SIG, to which the meeting agreed. If there are any comments about this proposed appointment, please let me know before the 14th of March. As a reminder, the responsibilities of a SIG chair are documented at http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/sig-chair-guide.pdf.
Thank you again to all the participants at the IX SIG, hope to see you at the next APNIC meeting.
IX SIG Chair