[apops] APNIC IX SIG - call for presentations
- To: sig-ix at lists dot apnic dot net
- Subject: [apops] APNIC IX SIG - call for presentations
- From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:55:13 +1000
- Sender: email@example.com
Call For Presentations for the APNIC IX SIG
IX SIG Chair
The next meeting of the APNIC IX SIG will be held in Taipei during the APNIC track of APRICOT 2003 (www.apricot2003.net). This SIG is an open forum to discuss Internet Exchange Point technical and operational issues within the Asia Pacific region.
This e-mail is a request for contributions. I'm looking for presentations of relevance from anyone who is interested in Internet Exchange issues in the Asia Pacific region.
If you would like to take part in this SIG with a presentation, please send your proposal to sig-ix-chair at apnic dot net, cc'ing sig at apnic dot net. Proposals should be sent no later than Friday 20th December, 2002.
- should be relevant to this special interest group,
- be no more than 1000 words, and
- should describe your perspective on the topic including its pros/cons
from various aspects
- should indicate the time required (I expect that a time limit of 10
minutes per presentation will be set)
A Guide has been prepared for all those intending to present at the meeting. It contains useful information and helpful hints. This guide can be found at http://www.apnic.net/meetings/archive/sigs/.
The tentative schedule is
20 December 2002 Proposal deadline and acceptance notification
24 January 2003 Presentation slides submitted to APNIC & SIG Chair
27 January 2003 Posting of presentation slides on APNIC meeting web site
24 February 2003 Open Policy Meeting Commences
Agenda slots will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so a timely submission of your proposal would be welcome and to your advantage.
IX SIG chair