[apops] APOPS meeting during APRICOT 2003

  • To: apops at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apops] APOPS meeting during APRICOT 2003
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:57:26 +1000
  • Cc: Hideo Ishii <hishii at gblx dot net>
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Hi,

      The next APOPS meeting will take place during APRICOT 2003
      (www.apricot2003.net), to be held in Taipei from the 24th to 28th February,
      2003. No provisional date or time has been set yet, but we expect that the
      format will be similar to previous meetings, taking place during the BOF
      sessions in the evenings.

      This e-mail is also a call for contributions, or expression of interest in
      making a contribution. The theme obviously is operational, so we would like
      to encourage contributions covering operational issues in the AP region.
      Especially interesting would be reports from each country in the region,
      giving the state of the Internet, technology deployment, or operational
      issues. Presentations from in-country operators groups would be most welcome.

      We would prefer for topics which are already being covered by the APNIC
      Special Interest Groups to be directed towards the SIGs rather than being
      proposed for APOPS. However, all contributions will be most welcome.

      Note that while Exchange Point reports would be welcome, we would prefer if
      these were now directed to the APNIC IX SIG meeting, the call for which
      will come out in the next few days.

      The deadline for contributions is the 10th of February, although the sooner
      you let us know, the more likely you are to be included on the agenda!

      Thanks very much and see you in Taipei!

      Philip Smith & Hideo Ishii