Re: [apops] Bandwidth calculation

  • To: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>, <hsgupta at bsnl dot in>
  • Subject: Re: [apops] Bandwidth calculation
  • From: Geoff Huston <gih at telstra dot net>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:03:39 +1000
  • Cc: <apops at lists dot apnic dot net>
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • this is true - the larger the customer base the greater the dispersion of
      traffic and the higher the upstream 'oversubscription' ratio for a given
      quality of the upstream.

      The bottom line - MEASURE YOUR NETWORK! ALL THE TIME!

      As you understand more and more about how your network behaves you will be
      able to customise your design to precisely suit the load / quality profile
      that your business plan is targeting.

      Geoff