[apops] APOPS meeting during APRICOT 2002

  • To: apops at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apops] APOPS meeting during APRICOT 2002
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:13:00 +1000
  • Cc: Hideo Ishii <hishii at gblx dot net>
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Hi,

      The next APOPS meeting will take place during APRICOT 2002, to be held in
      Bangkok from 3rd to 7th March, 2002. No provisional date or time has been
      set yet, but we expect that the format will be similar to previous
      meetings, taking place during the BOF sessions in the evenings.

      This e-mail is also a call for contributions, or expression of interest in
      making a contribution. The theme obviously is operational, so we would like
      to encourage contributions covering operational issues in the AP region.
      Especially interesting would be reports from each country in the region,
      giving the state of the Internet, technology deployment, or operational
      issues - for example, the impact of Code Red and Nimda worms might be a
      suitable topic. Presentations from in-country operators groups would be
      most welcome.

      We would prefer for topics which are already being covered by the APNIC
      Special Interest Groups to be directed towards the SIGs rather than being
      proposed for APOPS. However, all contributions will be most welcome.

      Note that while Exchange Point reports would be welcome, we would prefer if
      these were now directed to the APNIC IX SIG meeting, to be held on Tuesday
      evening. We had a very successful IX discussion at the last APOPS meeting,
      with the result that APNIC agreed to the formation of an IX Special
      Interest Group.

      The deadline for contributions is the 15th of February, although the sooner
      you let us know, the more likely you are to be included on the agenda!

      Thanks very much and see you in Bangkok!

      Philip Smith & Hideo Ishii