[apops] APNIC Internet Exchange Point SIG

  • To: apops at lists dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apops] APNIC Internet Exchange Point SIG
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:53:51 +1000
  • Cc: Hideo Ishii <hishii at gblx dot ad dot jp>
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Hi,

      You may recall that at the last APOPS session during the APNIC meeting in
      Taipei we heard reports from several exchange points and had some
      discussion on IXPs within the AP region.

      Following on from this, Hideo Ishii and I requested that APNIC consider
      forming an IXP Special Interest Group as there was clear interest in the
      whole topic. I proposed this at the APNIC plenary and the audience agreed
      that this was a good idea.

      The SIG mailing list will be created very soon now, but in the meantime I'd
      like to ask for volunteers who would be willing to be chair or co-chair of
      the Special Interest Group. As with the other APNIC SIGs, the chair or
      co-chair is expected to pull the agenda together for the SIG meeting, and
      obviously chair the meeting during the 6-monthly APNIC conferences... Some
      work is involved, so would suit motivated IXP operators or supporters... :-)

      Anyone who is interested, please let either Hideo Ishii or me know.

      thanks!

      philip