[apops] APNIC Routing SIG - Call for Presentations

  • To: sig at apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apops] APNIC Routing SIG - Call for Presentations
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:53:20 +1000
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Apologies for any duplicates...
      --

                  Call For Presentations for the APNIC Routing SIG

                                                 Philip Smith
                                                 Routing SIG Chair

      The next meeting of the APNIC Routing SIG will be held in Kuala Lumpur on
      Thursday 1st March, 2000 during the APNIC track of APRICOT 2001. This SIG
      is an open forum to discuss routing and routing policy issues within the
      Asia Pacific region.

      This e-mail is a request for contributions. I'm looking for presentations
      of relevance from anyone who is interested in routing issues in the Asia
      Pacific region.

      After an excellent SIG meeting in Brisbane, I would like to continue the
      high standard and relevance of the content of the SIG. Topics I would like
      to explore this time around might include, but are not limited to:

         - Internet Routing table growth
         - Deaggregation of provider blocks
         - Routing stability and flap damping
         - Best configuration practices for ISPs
         - Internet Exchange Points
         - The Internet Routing Registry

      If you would like to take part in this SIG with a presentation, please
      send your proposal to pfs at cisco dot com, cc'ing sig at apnic dot net. Proposals
      should be sent no later than Monday 15th of January, 2001.

                                   Requirements

      The proposal:
          - should be relevant to this special interest group,
          - be no more than 1000 words, and
          - should describe your perspective on the topic including its pros/cons
            from various aspects.
          - should indicate the time required (I expect that a time limit of 15
            minutes presentation will be set)

      The tentative schedule is

          19 January    Proposal deadline
          2 February    Notification of Acceptance
          16 February   Presentation slides submitted to APNIC & SIG Chair
          1 March       Presentation of paper at SIG

      Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

      Philip Smith
      APNIC Routing SIG chair