[apops] Evaluating Per-Country ASN/IP Information Over Time

  • To: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell at apnic dot net>
  • Subject: [apops] Evaluating Per-Country ASN/IP Information Over Time
  • From: "Robert B. Cohen" <bcohen at bway dot net>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 10:36:25 -0500
  • Cc: Joe Abley <jabley at patho dot gen dot nz>, "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>, apops at whois dot apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Bruce,

      What would be quite valuable is the ability to measure changes in ASN/IP info over time,
      perhaps every quarter or so. The ASN info that is published weekly suggests that this
      should be possible. I think the bigger issue is how it might be related to bandwidth and
      traffic flows; i.e. is there a way to use the ASN/IP to get even a general fix on what is
      happening to demand in a country or the amount of bandwidth deployed. Perhaps this could
      be related to some of the major gateways within the country or international gateways in
      and out.

      Do you have any comments?

      Bob Cohen