[apops] changes to Asia Pacific Routing Report

  • To: bgp-stats at whois dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apops] changes to Asia Pacific Routing Report
  • From: Philip Smith <pfs at cisco dot com>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 23:46:55 +1000
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Hi,

      Just to let you know that I've added some more content to the daily bgp
      stats run (weekly summary if you see it via the apops list).

      - APNIC AS path length information. Basically I've added a measure of the
      average and maximum AS path length seen for APNIC ASes. Don't know if this
      is an interesting figure or not...

      - address space utilisation. Previously I've assumed that all of the former
      B-space has been allocated - this is in fact incorrect. To date, the
      following address space is reserved/unallocated, and available for future use.

      /8s of address space still available:
      In former A-space: 1,2,5,7,23,27,31,37,39,41,42,49,50,58-60,65-126
      In former B-space: 173 thru to 191, plus around another five /8s worth of gaps
      In former C-space: 197,217-223

      This is 50% of the useable Internet address space, and you will see this
      statistic appearing in future daily iterations of the bgp report.