[apops] 1q2000 in-addr walk - first notice

  • To: delacruz@ISI.EDU (Alison De la Cruz, ; DIV7), sekiya@ISI.EDU (Yuji Sekiya, ; DIV7)
  • Subject: [apops] 1q2000 in-addr walk - first notice
  • From: Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:24:41 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: DEW-list at flag dot ep dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@lists.apnic.net
    • Hi,
              I appologize for duplicates.

      The next audit of the in-addr.arpa. tree will begin 01 january 2000.
      Since 1997, I've been walking the in-addr tree every quarter, looking
      for numbers of delegations, accurate delegations, and types and styles
      of error conditions.
              So... this is a heads up that you will be seeing zone transfers
      being generated by a couple of the collecter machines here. For those of
      you who utilize BINDs access controls, I'd appreciate your inclusion of
      the collector machines in allowed transfers. Queries will be from the
      following IP addresses:

              128.9.160.57 and  198.32.4.13

              If there are any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to talk
      about them.  Past data has been presented at IEPG, Apricot and RIPE
      meetings.  The expectation is that future data will be presented in
      the same and similar forums.

      Online summaries can be found at:
        	www.isi.edu/~bmanning/in-addr-audit.html

      --bill