Re: [apops] 202.16.x.x

  • To: Swee-Chuan Khoo <sckhoo at asiapac dot net>
  • Subject: Re: [apops] 202.16.x.x
  • From: Mathias Koerber <mathias at staff.singnet dot com dot sg>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:22:40 +0800 (SST)
  • Cc: APOPS <apops at apnic dot net>
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Swee-Chuan Khoo wrote:

      | Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:04:14 +0800 (SGT)
      | From: Swee-Chuan Khoo <sckhoo at asiapac dot net>
      | To: APOPS <apops at apnic dot net>
      | Subject: [apops] 202.16.x.x
      |

      | hi,
      |
      | 	i have an ISP customer who got a leased line customer
      | with IP address ( single Class C ) acquired sometime ago before
      | the ISP is formed, it is from the 202.16.x.x block of IP.
      |
      | 	I did a whois on that and found out that the first
      | about 30 class C of this block is being given to company
      | with wide geographical location.
      |
      | 	Isn't it making the routing table huge and unmanageble?
      |
      | 	How do we proposed to fix this problem?

      The same seems to be true for 202.0 and 202.42.

      APNIC has previously offered to exchange these blocks 1:1 with
      aggregatable blocks of the ISP, ie APNIC would take back that
      /24 (for future aggregation once enough consecutive blocks
      have been freed), and allow the ISP to give the customer the
      same sized block (I assume that means w/o the usual proper usage
      proof requirements), so as not to inconvenience the customer
      for the return.

      This was during Dave Conrad's time, but I think the new DG
      (Paul Wilson) would not oppose this policy either.

      However, check with APNIC first...