[apops] really dead.

  • To: pier at isi dot edu
  • Subject: [apops] really dead.
  • From: bill manning <bmanning at isi dot edu>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 07:36:58 -0500
  • Posted-date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 07:36:58 -0500
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,
      	It seems that the IETF has caught up with us and has formally shut down
      the PIER wg.
      I am aware that there were a couple of unfinished items and there have
      recently been some
      questions on renumbering documents that did not quite make it out of the
      pipeline before
      we were closed down.  Also, there is apparently a move to view renumbering
      as a migration
      stratagy for IPv6.

      	If there is enough interest in revisting what PIER has done or might do,
      esp. wrt. IPv6
      migration and/or compliance w/ addressing registry or provider delegation
      policies, I'd appreciate
      hearing from you.

      --bill