[apops] 2q98 in-addr walk starting soon

  • To: Various-Operations-Groups at isi dot edu
  • Subject: [apops] 2q98 in-addr walk starting soon
  • From: Bill Manning <bmanning at isi dot edu>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 19:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: bmanning at isi dot edu
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
      Hi,
      	I appologize for duplicates.

      	Its almost time for the next quarterly walk of the inverse
      tree of the DNS. For the last few quarters, I've been walking the
      in-addr tree looking for numbers of delegations, accurate delegations,
      and types and styles of error conditions.
      	So... this is a heads up that you will be seeing zone transfers
      being generated by a couple of the collecter machines here. For those of
      you who utilize BINDs access controls, I'd appreciate your inclusion of
      the collector machines in allowed transfers. The expectation
      is that they will be the following IP addresses:

      	128.9.160.57 and  198.32.4.13

      	If there are any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to talk
      about them.  Past data has been presented at IEPG, Apricot and RIPE
      meetings.  The expectation is that future data will be presented in
      the same and similar forums.

      --bill